Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sleepless in Green Bay

So not long after Sadie was born my Father in law told me that he had seen that a mother loses 700 hours of sleep in the first year of a baby's life... (thanks Pops!) So Sadie has been sleeping through the night pretty good for a couple of months. But the last 2 weeks have been TERRIBLE. She has been up 2-3 times a night, crying it out sometimes for 10 minutes.... others require some parental intervention. So last night she slept through the night and it was me that was up 3-4 times. As 6:00am approched, Sadie woke up and Kevin lovingly offered to get up with her so I could try and get a bit more sleep. As I laid there being extremely grateful for the awesome husband I have, I could not help but wonder if me being up 3-4 times was natures way of letting me know that sleeping throught the night is not a luxery I get to enjoy right now......

4 comments:

Mary Lee (Collet) Smith said...

It is your mothers nature saying- Sadie whould be waking up- and waiting for her to summon you

Karalee said...

Waking up while the baby is sleeping, sounds like something I would do. At least you body has you trained to help such a sweet, beautiful girl!

jenafeldman said...

Hey! We should talk in the middle of the night...Cal is having the same problem. I think it may be time for an intervention ; )

Michelle Williams said...

I remember it well and the not being able to just fall back asleep when the baby had, so frustrating!!

But they are worth it!