Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas......

Snow started falling late Sunday afternoon here in Green Bay and as I look out the window right now, it looks like a scene from a Christmas card. Snow is falling and there is a 5 inch blanket of the fluffy white stuff on the ground. My favorite time of year is here! I LOVE Christmas. Always have, always will. I can thank my Mom for that. (Dad too... but mostly Mom). My Mom is the force behind all of our Christmas traditions. As a child, every day in December we would anxiously pull a card out of the advent calendar to see what we would be doing that day to get ready for Christmas. From making paper rings, as a count down to the big day, for each of our rooms, baking the various traditional goodies, getting the tree & decorating, to Nuts & Bolts and making Root beer (thanks Dad!!). Every day of the month of December is filled with memories of my childhood and my family. Growing up we always made fruit cake on November 11th (Remembrance Day) and would cut the first cake & have apple cider after purchasing the Christmas tree. I hate both fruit cake and apple cider, but I have to admit that every year after we buy the tree it always feels like something is missing because we don't have the fruit cake & cider. With the addition of our sweet Sadie to our family this year, more then ever, I'm thinking about all those traditions and memories I had as a child. I can't wait to do all the things that my parents did with us, with her!



Turn up your speakers and listen to some of my favorite Christmas songs!


3 comments:

Karalee said...

Ahhhh, memories. They are great and I hope I am doing enough to build good memories for my kids. I LOVE this time of year as well. Can't wait to see your questionaire all filled out.

Michelle Williams said...

Cute photo of your adorable one!

Christmas is my favorite time of year too. I decorate too much and end up exhausted silly me. I'll do less this year because there'll only be Terry and I. Sniff, sniff! So we will have to invite some folks over to cheer us up. You want to come? haha Have fun with your Mom and Dad. Love you and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

jenafeldman said...

Love those memories - I want to steal/borrow your tradition! So glad you have someone so sweet to share it with!